Friday, February 8, 2013

Making the Most of "Blizzard Day"!

It's a snowy windy terribly stormy day! I am home. The birds outside are delighted that the feeders are filled, and they are providing ample entertainment. While some chili cooks on the stove, I am trying to finish up a few paintings that have sat around the house. This is version two of two paintings begun last spring. They began outside on location. My first painting of this scene helped make the plan for the second painting and both help me see the potential for another visit to this site. I can see how much tighter this version is and it possibly has a bit too much color. But, I am happy with the trees. They have some character, and I think the feeling of that beautiful spring day looks wonderful. (Remember, it is snowing outside and windy and cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment