Sunday, May 8, 2016

Middle of 2016, and I haven't been idle.

Mother's Day arrived and I have had a wonderful day! Best of all, I enjoyed some much wanted and needed time with family.

I am back from the Plein Air Convention in Tucson AZ. It was an incredible experience and an event I recommend to any artist with a serious interest in plein air painting. Experienced or beginner. All are welcome. Really!!  Lots of great presentations about art marketing and lots of great demos by top-notch artists. Plenty of time to paint, too, and to meet many of the nearly 900 participants!

My conference experience was followed with an extended vacation that included hiking and painting in Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park! Then a day in Las Vegas and flight home.

Today, I began the process of putting into action some of the recent ideas I've learned about marketing my own art. I know I need to make a plan and schedule time to work on my website and other publicity. And, make a plan and schedule dedicated painting time. This week, I spent some time getting my notes in one place and picking out a couple of things that are attainable. Got them on the calendar. One of the biggest items or me to handle is figuring out how to manage my website, and easily update content. Lots of options to consider. But, it needs to be simple and mobile friendly. Hmmmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment