Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring in My Little Garden

Not wanting to be totally a landscape painter, I planted a few lovely things in my garden. These beautiful tulips are stunning in the morning light. I planted these bulbs about three years ago, and I'm surprised the deer haven't lopped off their heads! Gourmet salad threats for deer. I also planted some pansies, deciding this year to plant them in groups and by theme. I want to continue my flower watercolor series. Oscar the cat came to visit me. I'm looking forward to having fresh herbs and some lettuces and greens. While he has his eyes on the birds at my feeders, I'm sure Oscar has plans for some of my herbs, too!

Went back out to Smyrski Farm after work today. Have thoughts of at least a dozen more paintings there. I made five paintings, but only one will make it into a frame. Made plans to go to Lily Preserve on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment